Video: Omar & Zed Bias "Dancing"
- Words: Derek Opperman
If you've been paying attention, chances are you've heard snippets and praise for "Dancing," the second collaboration between Zed Bias (a.k.a. XLR8R podcast veteran Madslinky) and Omar. Taking full advantage of their diverse backgrounds, the two scored high marks with last year's epically soulful garage joint "Special." Back again but this time taking on the more complicated rhythms of UK funky, "Dancing" is a certifiable summer banger that melds nostalgic Inner City-like stabs and strings with a tight soca-snare drum pattern. Riffing off the vibe, the video is a house party dance-off shot in a jerky time-lapse style. The single comes out June 27, but in the meantime you can check out the video above and check after the jump for the tracklisting and album art.
2. Dancing (Radio Edit)
3. Its So... (Zed Bias Remix)
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player