Video: Omar & Zed Bias "Dancing"
- Words: Derek Opperman
If you've been paying attention, chances are you've heard snippets and praise for "Dancing," the second collaboration between Zed Bias (a.k.a. XLR8R podcast veteran Madslinky) and Omar. Taking full advantage of their diverse backgrounds, the two scored high marks with last year's epically soulful garage joint "Special." Back again but this time taking on the more complicated rhythms of UK funky, "Dancing" is a certifiable summer banger that melds nostalgic Inner City-like stabs and strings with a tight soca-snare drum pattern. Riffing off the vibe, the video is a house party dance-off shot in a jerky time-lapse style. The single comes out June 27, but in the meantime you can check out the video above and check after the jump for the tracklisting and album art.
2. Dancing (Radio Edit)
3. Its So... (Zed Bias Remix)
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player