Video: Omar & Zed Bias "Dancing"
- Words: Derek Opperman
If you've been paying attention, chances are you've heard snippets and praise for "Dancing," the second collaboration between Zed Bias (a.k.a. XLR8R podcast veteran Madslinky) and Omar. Taking full advantage of their diverse backgrounds, the two scored high marks with last year's epically soulful garage joint "Special." Back again but this time taking on the more complicated rhythms of UK funky, "Dancing" is a certifiable summer banger that melds nostalgic Inner City-like stabs and strings with a tight soca-snare drum pattern. Riffing off the vibe, the video is a house party dance-off shot in a jerky time-lapse style. The single comes out June 27, but in the meantime you can check out the video above and check after the jump for the tracklisting and album art.
2. Dancing (Radio Edit)
3. Its So... (Zed Bias Remix)
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player