Video: Omar & Zed Bias "Dancing"
- Words: Derek Opperman
If you've been paying attention, chances are you've heard snippets and praise for "Dancing," the second collaboration between Zed Bias (a.k.a. XLR8R podcast veteran Madslinky) and Omar. Taking full advantage of their diverse backgrounds, the two scored high marks with last year's epically soulful garage joint "Special." Back again but this time taking on the more complicated rhythms of UK funky, "Dancing" is a certifiable summer banger that melds nostalgic Inner City-like stabs and strings with a tight soca-snare drum pattern. Riffing off the vibe, the video is a house party dance-off shot in a jerky time-lapse style. The single comes out June 27, but in the meantime you can check out the video above and check after the jump for the tracklisting and album art.
2. Dancing (Radio Edit)
3. Its So... (Zed Bias Remix)
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player