Video: Phaseone "Sugar"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Let's file this one under 'Too Real': The music video for Bubblin' artist Phaseone's "Sugar" depicts a text message conversation between two ex-lovers after one announces he/she is moving to another city. Shot by flimmakers Vadim Gershman and Ryan Powell in Chicago and written by Gershman and Lea Sorrentino, the piece is at once heartbreaking and frustrating, like watching a scene from your own past without being able to change a moment. Phaseone's tune itself is a spacey slow-jam, which he describes as "an homage to the '90s Chicago rap sound of Twista and Do or Die that my friends and I grew up listening to." Good work across the board on this one.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player