Video: Phaseone "Sugar"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Let's file this one under 'Too Real': The music video for Bubblin' artist Phaseone's "Sugar" depicts a text message conversation between two ex-lovers after one announces he/she is moving to another city. Shot by flimmakers Vadim Gershman and Ryan Powell in Chicago and written by Gershman and Lea Sorrentino, the piece is at once heartbreaking and frustrating, like watching a scene from your own past without being able to change a moment. Phaseone's tune itself is a spacey slow-jam, which he describes as "an homage to the '90s Chicago rap sound of Twista and Do or Die that my friends and I grew up listening to." Good work across the board on this one.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player