Video: Phaseone "Sugar"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Let's file this one under 'Too Real': The music video for Bubblin' artist Phaseone's "Sugar" depicts a text message conversation between two ex-lovers after one announces he/she is moving to another city. Shot by flimmakers Vadim Gershman and Ryan Powell in Chicago and written by Gershman and Lea Sorrentino, the piece is at once heartbreaking and frustrating, like watching a scene from your own past without being able to change a moment. Phaseone's tune itself is a spacey slow-jam, which he describes as "an homage to the '90s Chicago rap sound of Twista and Do or Die that my friends and I grew up listening to." Good work across the board on this one.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player