Video: Phaseone "Sugar"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Let's file this one under 'Too Real': The music video for Bubblin' artist Phaseone's "Sugar" depicts a text message conversation between two ex-lovers after one announces he/she is moving to another city. Shot by flimmakers Vadim Gershman and Ryan Powell in Chicago and written by Gershman and Lea Sorrentino, the piece is at once heartbreaking and frustrating, like watching a scene from your own past without being able to change a moment. Phaseone's tune itself is a spacey slow-jam, which he describes as "an homage to the '90s Chicago rap sound of Twista and Do or Die that my friends and I grew up listening to." Good work across the board on this one.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player