Video: Phaseone "Sugar"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Let's file this one under 'Too Real': The music video for Bubblin' artist Phaseone's "Sugar" depicts a text message conversation between two ex-lovers after one announces he/she is moving to another city. Shot by flimmakers Vadim Gershman and Ryan Powell in Chicago and written by Gershman and Lea Sorrentino, the piece is at once heartbreaking and frustrating, like watching a scene from your own past without being able to change a moment. Phaseone's tune itself is a spacey slow-jam, which he describes as "an homage to the '90s Chicago rap sound of Twista and Do or Die that my friends and I grew up listening to." Good work across the board on this one.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player