Video Premiere: Blondes "Pleasure"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Earlier this year, the analog-obsessed space ravers of Blondes announced a three-part 12" series on the RVNG label. The series' second volume, "Business" b/w "Pleasure," will be released on June 6. Ahead of that, the Brooklyn-based duo has unveiled this video for the latter track, an epic journey put together by video artist Farley Gwazda. This clip is composed entirely of animated GIFs, primarily "scientific diagrams, mathematical figures, representations of data, and renderings of simulated systems." While we're not sure about the PR's claim that "this video explores irrational paths to knowledge and investigates how information is processed into meaningful experience," it is quite nice to look at and Blondes' marriage of perception-expanding sonics and old-school warehouse vibes is on point as always.
Over the next month, people in Europe and NY will have plenty of chances to experience Blondes' stellar live show. The dates are as follows.
5/26 The Camp, London
5/27 Solyanka Club, Moscow
5/28 Stereo, Glasgow
5/29 Villette Sonique, Paris
5/29 Nitsa/Primavera Festival, Barcelona
6/11 Museum of Modern Art, New York City
6/18 285 Kent, Brooklyn, NY
6/26 Space/We Love with Caribou, Ibiza
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player