Video Premiere: Blondes "Pleasure"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Earlier this year, the analog-obsessed space ravers of Blondes announced a three-part 12" series on the RVNG label. The series' second volume, "Business" b/w "Pleasure," will be released on June 6. Ahead of that, the Brooklyn-based duo has unveiled this video for the latter track, an epic journey put together by video artist Farley Gwazda. This clip is composed entirely of animated GIFs, primarily "scientific diagrams, mathematical figures, representations of data, and renderings of simulated systems." While we're not sure about the PR's claim that "this video explores irrational paths to knowledge and investigates how information is processed into meaningful experience," it is quite nice to look at and Blondes' marriage of perception-expanding sonics and old-school warehouse vibes is on point as always.
Over the next month, people in Europe and NY will have plenty of chances to experience Blondes' stellar live show. The dates are as follows.
5/26 The Camp, London
5/27 Solyanka Club, Moscow
5/28 Stereo, Glasgow
5/29 Villette Sonique, Paris
5/29 Nitsa/Primavera Festival, Barcelona
6/11 Museum of Modern Art, New York City
6/18 285 Kent, Brooklyn, NY
6/26 Space/We Love with Caribou, Ibiza
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player