Video Premiere: Matthewdavid "Noche y Dia / San Raphael"
- Words: Patric Fallon
When listening to the warbled, hiss-ridden tape music that comprises Matthewdavid's hazy debut LP for Brainfeeder, Outmind, certain words come to mind, like "journey" and "trip." Not only because you get the feeling that the music itself is taking you somewhere as it wafts into your ears, but also because maybe the Southern California sound artist is taking his hometown's beat music somewhere else, too. Similarly, this brand-new music video for Matthewdavid's album cut "Noche y Dia / San Raphael" is a trip all of its own. Director Matt Amato uses pristine footage of a first-person view from a moving train to take you on his journey, which suddenly becomes more of a hallucinogenic trip. By the time the piece is over, we've arrived in another place altogether, and possibly in more ways than one.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player