Video Premiere: The Miracles Club "Light of Love (Cut Copy Re-Vision)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Portland vintage-house ensemble The Miracles Club just released a 12" of remixes for its first single from over a year ago, "Light of Love," which includes a solid rework by Cut Copy, among others. Oddly enough, Honey Owens and Co. decided to put together a music video for that remix, and XLR8R has the pleasure of premiering it today. Director Judah Switzer captured the austere black-and-white footage that makes up his elegant piece, which features an array of characters rendered in monochrome, who strike poses and dance about as if the camera were their bedroom mirror. Owens sings to us placidly in the midst of it all, and occasionally allows her body to groove along to the spacey dance tune. The whole thing looks as perfectly neo-classic as The Miracles Club's music sounds.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player