Video Premiere: The Miracles Club "Light of Love (Cut Copy Re-Vision)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Portland vintage-house ensemble The Miracles Club just released a 12" of remixes for its first single from over a year ago, "Light of Love," which includes a solid rework by Cut Copy, among others. Oddly enough, Honey Owens and Co. decided to put together a music video for that remix, and XLR8R has the pleasure of premiering it today. Director Judah Switzer captured the austere black-and-white footage that makes up his elegant piece, which features an array of characters rendered in monochrome, who strike poses and dance about as if the camera were their bedroom mirror. Owens sings to us placidly in the midst of it all, and occasionally allows her body to groove along to the spacey dance tune. The whole thing looks as perfectly neo-classic as The Miracles Club's music sounds.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player