XLR8R's Top Five Favorite Gang Gang Dance Tunes
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Shawn Brackbill
After having spent the past few months digesting the wild psychedelia of the latest full-length LP by Brooklyn art-rock ensemble Gang Gang Dance, the awe-inspiring Eye Contact, and after XLR8R scribe Walter Wasacz delved deeper into the band's background for this lovely feature article, we've decided to take a trip back into Gang Gang Dance's earlier work, and make a list of our top five favorite tunes from those past albums. This is by no means a definitive list, but merely our own personal favorites from the genre-defying collective's repertoire. Feel free to list your own favorites in the comments below.
5. "God's Money V" (from God's Money, The Social Registry 2007)
4. "Blue Nile" (from Saint Dymphna, The Social Registry 2008)
3. "Nomad for Love (Cannibal)" (from God's Money, The Social Registry 2007)
2. "Egowar" (from God's Money, The Social Registry 2007)
1. "House Jam" (from Saint Dymphna, The Social Registry 2008)
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player