The Black Dog Announces New EP
- Words: Derek Opperman
The influential and long-running UK electronic outfit Black Dog has just announced the imminent release of its first EP for 2011, Liber Kult (1 Ov 3). Hermetically titled and a little cryptic, the release is intended as a dancefloor complement to the outfit's recent ambient explorations: Music For Real Airports and their work as The Dadavistic Orchestra in collaboration with members from The Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia. Comprised of two bass-heavy techno joints, Liber Kult (1 Ov 3) amps up the tempo and evokes, "dark rooms, smoke machines, strobes and massive systems," says the press release. The single drops August 1 on Dust Science Recordings, but in the meantime check out the tracklisting and album art below.
A. Black Chamber Order
AA. Bass Mantra
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player