Jamie xx's Debut Solo Single Released Today
- Words: Patric Fallon
Here's some great Monday morning news: The young producer that helped bring us the smooth sounds of The xx, who collaborated with the recently departed Gil Scott-Heron, and whose DJ sets are more or less world-renowned, Jamie xx, dropped his first ever solo release today via Glasgow's Numbers label. The two-track record features the tropically tinged a-side "Far Nearer" and a moody bass cut called "Beat For" on the flip. You can get more info and purchase your copy of Jamie xx's 12" here, and stream the music below. And make sure not to miss the talented DJ/producer when he joins Jackmaster and Spencer on Rinse tomorrow at 11 p.m. GMT (more details on that here).
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player