Jamie xx's Debut Solo Single Released Today
- Words: Patric Fallon
Here's some great Monday morning news: The young producer that helped bring us the smooth sounds of The xx, who collaborated with the recently departed Gil Scott-Heron, and whose DJ sets are more or less world-renowned, Jamie xx, dropped his first ever solo release today via Glasgow's Numbers label. The two-track record features the tropically tinged a-side "Far Nearer" and a moody bass cut called "Beat For" on the flip. You can get more info and purchase your copy of Jamie xx's 12" here, and stream the music below. And make sure not to miss the talented DJ/producer when he joins Jackmaster and Spencer on Rinse tomorrow at 11 p.m. GMT (more details on that here).
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player