Jamie xx's Debut Solo Single Released Today
- Words: Patric Fallon
Here's some great Monday morning news: The young producer that helped bring us the smooth sounds of The xx, who collaborated with the recently departed Gil Scott-Heron, and whose DJ sets are more or less world-renowned, Jamie xx, dropped his first ever solo release today via Glasgow's Numbers label. The two-track record features the tropically tinged a-side "Far Nearer" and a moody bass cut called "Beat For" on the flip. You can get more info and purchase your copy of Jamie xx's 12" here, and stream the music below. And make sure not to miss the talented DJ/producer when he joins Jackmaster and Spencer on Rinse tomorrow at 11 p.m. GMT (more details on that here).
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player