Jamie xx's Debut Solo Single Released Today
- Words: Patric Fallon
Here's some great Monday morning news: The young producer that helped bring us the smooth sounds of The xx, who collaborated with the recently departed Gil Scott-Heron, and whose DJ sets are more or less world-renowned, Jamie xx, dropped his first ever solo release today via Glasgow's Numbers label. The two-track record features the tropically tinged a-side "Far Nearer" and a moody bass cut called "Beat For" on the flip. You can get more info and purchase your copy of Jamie xx's 12" here, and stream the music below. And make sure not to miss the talented DJ/producer when he joins Jackmaster and Spencer on Rinse tomorrow at 11 p.m. GMT (more details on that here).
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player