Jamie xx's Debut Solo Single Released Today
- Words: Patric Fallon
Here's some great Monday morning news: The young producer that helped bring us the smooth sounds of The xx, who collaborated with the recently departed Gil Scott-Heron, and whose DJ sets are more or less world-renowned, Jamie xx, dropped his first ever solo release today via Glasgow's Numbers label. The two-track record features the tropically tinged a-side "Far Nearer" and a moody bass cut called "Beat For" on the flip. You can get more info and purchase your copy of Jamie xx's 12" here, and stream the music below. And make sure not to miss the talented DJ/producer when he joins Jackmaster and Spencer on Rinse tomorrow at 11 p.m. GMT (more details on that here).
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player