Matthew Dear, Ford & Lopatin, Tangerine Dream, Battles to play Moogfest 2011
Moogfest is coming: The three-day celebration of the "father of the synthesizer," Robert Moog, has just announced its initial lineup. Not content to merely meet the expectations of revelers who basked in the glow of last year's festivities, this year Moogfest has gone beyond the call of duty to once again assemble a roster of exemplary artists that include the likes of Matthew Dear (pictured above), Ford & Lopatin, Gold Panda, and Battles. That's not all, though: Sharing the stage with these contemporary favorites will also be classic electronic-music pioneers Tangerine Dream, Hans-Joachim Roedelius (of Cluster and Harmonia fame), and Suicide—who will perform their groundbreaking 1978 debut album in its entirety. The festival runs from October 28-30, in Ashville, NC, but you can check out the full line-up and pick up your tickets starting June 4 on the Moogfest website.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player