Matthew Dear, Ford & Lopatin, Tangerine Dream, Battles to play Moogfest 2011
Moogfest is coming: The three-day celebration of the "father of the synthesizer," Robert Moog, has just announced its initial lineup. Not content to merely meet the expectations of revelers who basked in the glow of last year's festivities, this year Moogfest has gone beyond the call of duty to once again assemble a roster of exemplary artists that include the likes of Matthew Dear (pictured above), Ford & Lopatin, Gold Panda, and Battles. That's not all, though: Sharing the stage with these contemporary favorites will also be classic electronic-music pioneers Tangerine Dream, Hans-Joachim Roedelius (of Cluster and Harmonia fame), and Suicide—who will perform their groundbreaking 1978 debut album in its entirety. The festival runs from October 28-30, in Ashville, NC, but you can check out the full line-up and pick up your tickets starting June 4 on the Moogfest website.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player