Peverelist Launches New White-Label Imprint
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
When it comes to the bass-music game in Bristol, it's hard to name someone more connected than Peverelist (a.k.a. Tom Ford). He's been running the Punch Drunk imprint since 2006, a label that remains highly respected despite its continuing position as an outpost for dubstep. Apparently though, one label isn't quite enough for the man, as he recently launched a new endeavor called Livity Sound. The new imprint is committed to only releasing limited-edition, hand-stamped white labels, all of which are designed by fellow Bristolians Tape Echo. (The first stamp is pictured above.) Intended "strictly for the connoiseurs," the music will be "raw," "straight from the Bristol underground," and "safe from the Beatport crew." The first release, available now, is simply titled "Livity Sound 001." It's a split 12" from Peverelist and Kowton, and offers two tracks which they claim are "far from dancefloor fodder" and sound like "forgotten gem[s] from the Skull Disco archives." We're guessing it won't last long.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player