Peverelist Launches New White-Label Imprint
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
When it comes to the bass-music game in Bristol, it's hard to name someone more connected than Peverelist (a.k.a. Tom Ford). He's been running the Punch Drunk imprint since 2006, a label that remains highly respected despite its continuing position as an outpost for dubstep. Apparently though, one label isn't quite enough for the man, as he recently launched a new endeavor called Livity Sound. The new imprint is committed to only releasing limited-edition, hand-stamped white labels, all of which are designed by fellow Bristolians Tape Echo. (The first stamp is pictured above.) Intended "strictly for the connoiseurs," the music will be "raw," "straight from the Bristol underground," and "safe from the Beatport crew." The first release, available now, is simply titled "Livity Sound 001." It's a split 12" from Peverelist and Kowton, and offers two tracks which they claim are "far from dancefloor fodder" and sound like "forgotten gem[s] from the Skull Disco archives." We're guessing it won't last long.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player