Tokimonsta Drops Fresh Mix For Oki-Ni
Online boutique store/art-and-culture hub Oki-Ni is continuing its exclusive mix series with a new collection of tracks from Brainfeeder beatsmith Tokimonsta. The LOVEWITHSOUND mix touches on everything from LA compatriots Baths, Mono Poly, Ras G, and recent Bubblin' Up-featured artist Jonwayne to a few of her own originals (including a remix of Telepopmusik's "Just Breathe") and even a slowed-down Tupac instrumental. In her own words, Tokimonsta has set out to craft a mix which has a "lightly odd romantic vibe, traveling through different genres of music that still maintain this eerie romantic feeling," which is really a more artsy way of saying expect 40 minutes of mellowed-out bliss-hop complete with the occasional, well-placed head-nodder or ambient excursion sprinkled throughout. You can stream LOVEWITHSOUND below or over on the Oki-Ni site.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player