Tokimonsta Drops Fresh Mix For Oki-Ni
Online boutique store/art-and-culture hub Oki-Ni is continuing its exclusive mix series with a new collection of tracks from Brainfeeder beatsmith Tokimonsta. The LOVEWITHSOUND mix touches on everything from LA compatriots Baths, Mono Poly, Ras G, and recent Bubblin' Up-featured artist Jonwayne to a few of her own originals (including a remix of Telepopmusik's "Just Breathe") and even a slowed-down Tupac instrumental. In her own words, Tokimonsta has set out to craft a mix which has a "lightly odd romantic vibe, traveling through different genres of music that still maintain this eerie romantic feeling," which is really a more artsy way of saying expect 40 minutes of mellowed-out bliss-hop complete with the occasional, well-placed head-nodder or ambient excursion sprinkled throughout. You can stream LOVEWITHSOUND below or over on the Oki-Ni site.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player