Tokimonsta Drops Fresh Mix For Oki-Ni
Online boutique store/art-and-culture hub Oki-Ni is continuing its exclusive mix series with a new collection of tracks from Brainfeeder beatsmith Tokimonsta. The LOVEWITHSOUND mix touches on everything from LA compatriots Baths, Mono Poly, Ras G, and recent Bubblin' Up-featured artist Jonwayne to a few of her own originals (including a remix of Telepopmusik's "Just Breathe") and even a slowed-down Tupac instrumental. In her own words, Tokimonsta has set out to craft a mix which has a "lightly odd romantic vibe, traveling through different genres of music that still maintain this eerie romantic feeling," which is really a more artsy way of saying expect 40 minutes of mellowed-out bliss-hop complete with the occasional, well-placed head-nodder or ambient excursion sprinkled throughout. You can stream LOVEWITHSOUND below or over on the Oki-Ni site.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player