Video Premiere: Ossie "Set the Tone"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Kode9's renowned Hyperdub imprint saw its latest release, a three-track 12" from UK funky producer Ossie, hit the ground running this week, and we've got the video for the EP's title track here for your viewing pleasure. What starts with a loose "day in the life" storyline turns into a "hit the streets" kind of all-out dance fest by the end. Really though, with the track's immense layers of percussion, acid-tinged bassline, and glistening electric piano, how could any video treatment have done it justice without some ape-shit dancing through the streets of London?
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player