Video Premiere: Ossie "Set the Tone"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Kode9's renowned Hyperdub imprint saw its latest release, a three-track 12" from UK funky producer Ossie, hit the ground running this week, and we've got the video for the EP's title track here for your viewing pleasure. What starts with a loose "day in the life" storyline turns into a "hit the streets" kind of all-out dance fest by the end. Really though, with the track's immense layers of percussion, acid-tinged bassline, and glistening electric piano, how could any video treatment have done it justice without some ape-shit dancing through the streets of London?
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player