Video Premiere: Vondelpark "Camels"
- Words: Derek Opperman
Popping onto the scene back in December with their well-received Sauna EP on R&S, Surrey, England's Vondelpark has managed to find itself a niche somewhere in the continuum of vocal post-dubstep that Boomkat has dubbed "emo garage." Bizarre genre descriptors aside, fans of the project will be happy to know that the so-far uncontested emo-garage titans are back with a new five-song EP due in July, entitled nyc stuff and nyc bags. As a teaser, R&S has offered up a video for the ethereal "Camels," which evokes a somber yet sensuous aural mood with soulful vocals and blurry atmospherics. Visually, the work probably won't win any awards for its choreography, but the washed-out textures, charmingly bad dancing, and occasional lens flare complements the music's vibe in an odd but appropriate way.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player