Line-Ups Announced for Pittsburgh's VIA Festival, Spain's Electromar Festival, and Ukraine's Kazantip Festival
A flurry of festival news has come through the pipeline this week with a host of locations throughout the world tapping an incredible amount of talented artists for their summertime parties.
Beginning with a new festival on the Eastern beaches of Spain (more specifically, the Narejos beach in the city of Los Alcázares, Murcia) is the Electromar Festival. Spanning only two days, Electromar has quite the line-up with names like Moby, Delorean, and Ellen Allien slated to put in work on Friday, July 30 and the likes of 2manydjs, Marco Corola, and Popof adorning the schedule the following day. With music going from seven in the evening 'til sun-up the next morning, this one is bound to be a dance party of epic proportions. And did we mention it's all going down on a picturesque beach in Spain? Just checking. (A complete list of performers can be found here.)
For those who might find themselves in the more Northeastern regions of Europe come August, the Ukrainian city of Crimea will be hosting the Kazantip Festival (a scene from last year's version shown above), a month-long endeavor with events going down in 14 different locations. The festival, which runs from July 30 to August 21, has secured acts such as Richie Hawtin, Ricardo Villalobos, M.A.N.D.Y, dOP, Aeroplane, Audiofly, Deadbeat, and many, many more (check the full calendar here).
And finally, Pennsylvania's own city of industry, Pittsburgh, will showcase a slew of forward-thinking artists during the VIA Music Music and New Media Festival. With headliners Four Tet, Battles, Zombi, and Toy Selectah along with artists such as FaltyDL, Kingdom, Laurel Halo, Light Asylum, Blondes, Dam-Funk, and Tim Sweeney coming as part of only the first round of line-up announcements, it's hard to imagine what else the good folks at VIA might have in store when they get around to unveiling the rest of the roster. The festival, which kicks off October 5, will begin its first round of ticket sales starting next week, July 20. To get more information and to keep up as names are added to the bill, we suggest you keep an eye on VIA's site throughout the coming weeks.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player