Listen to Newcomer Ifan Dafydd's Debut 12"
- Words: Patric Fallon
It's a bit out of the ordinary for us to post streaming music from an artist we'd previously never even heard of, but it was quickly made apparent to us that Welsh producer Ifan Dafydd isn't all that ordinary himself. His music is a well-developed, soulful strain of bass music that seems to effortlessly invoke CMYK/Klavierwerke-era James Blake, and has already been touted by the likes of Jamie xx, Oneman, and Gilles Peterson. The newcomer will drop his debut record, a two-song 12" featuring the tracks "No Good" and "Miranda," as a vinyl-only, white-label release on August 15, with something more official scheduled to follow from the brand-new Push & Run imprint. That's the artwork for it up top, and you can listen to both tunes below.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player