Mungolian Jet Set to Drop 'Schlungs' in October
- Words: Patric Fallon
Years after Norwegian psych-disco duo Mungolian Jet Set unleashed its double album, We Gave it All Away...Now We Are Taking it Back, via Smalltown Supersound, we've received word of a follow-up LP. The forthcoming record is called Schlungs, and will feature eight tracks, all of which were composed by the production outfit alone (a first for them, actually). It is said to tell the "tales of fatal alien abductions and ghosts of murderous (but snazzily dressed) transvestites, as well as confessions of dark and illusory multimedia desires and dispatches from the borderline state of the all-consuming hyperrealism of the Internet," and will include "drunken synths and obscure samplings of the psychedelic past, bleeping and squeaking through a jungle of tree frogs" and "funky guitars, ethereal soundscapes... hummable hooks, sexy, sassy urban beats, and tunes you can chew your bubblegum to" in its musical arsenal. So, it's going to be weird, apparently. You can check out the artwork and tracklist for Mungolian Jet Set's Schlungs before it's released on October 11, below.
01. 2010 - A Space Woodysey
02. Moon Jocks n Prog Rocks
03. Shelton's On A Bender
04. Bella Lanay
05. Ties n Downs
06. We Are The Shining
08. Smoke n Mirrors
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player