Riton Launches His Own Label With "Dark Place"
- Words: Ken Taylor
London-based tech-house giant Riton (a.k.a. Henry Smithson) just announced the launch of his "almost eponymous" new label, Ritontime. With it he promises a new release every month, beginning with his own 12", "Dark Place," due on August 15. "I've got 500 GB of audio files, every drum break and drum machine hit, 25 analog synthesizers, a microphone, and a fast internet connection," says Smithson. "The plan is to release a double a-side single every month from now until I've cleared my hard drive of the 356 unfinished Logic sessions I've been stashing since 2008." Sounds like a good idea to us! Among the things kicking around on his hard drive are collaborations with the likes of Canblaster, Cocknbullkid, Sneaky Sound System, and Scru Fizza. So look for those in the months to follow and "Dark Place," whose tracklist you can check out below, in August.
1. Dark Place (Feat. Shani Cuppcake)
3. Dark Place (Wafa Remix)
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player