Riton Launches His Own Label With "Dark Place"
- Words: Ken Taylor
London-based tech-house giant Riton (a.k.a. Henry Smithson) just announced the launch of his "almost eponymous" new label, Ritontime. With it he promises a new release every month, beginning with his own 12", "Dark Place," due on August 15. "I've got 500 GB of audio files, every drum break and drum machine hit, 25 analog synthesizers, a microphone, and a fast internet connection," says Smithson. "The plan is to release a double a-side single every month from now until I've cleared my hard drive of the 356 unfinished Logic sessions I've been stashing since 2008." Sounds like a good idea to us! Among the things kicking around on his hard drive are collaborations with the likes of Canblaster, Cocknbullkid, Sneaky Sound System, and Scru Fizza. So look for those in the months to follow and "Dark Place," whose tracklist you can check out below, in August.
1. Dark Place (Feat. Shani Cuppcake)
3. Dark Place (Wafa Remix)
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player