Riton Launches His Own Label With "Dark Place"
- Words: Ken Taylor
London-based tech-house giant Riton (a.k.a. Henry Smithson) just announced the launch of his "almost eponymous" new label, Ritontime. With it he promises a new release every month, beginning with his own 12", "Dark Place," due on August 15. "I've got 500 GB of audio files, every drum break and drum machine hit, 25 analog synthesizers, a microphone, and a fast internet connection," says Smithson. "The plan is to release a double a-side single every month from now until I've cleared my hard drive of the 356 unfinished Logic sessions I've been stashing since 2008." Sounds like a good idea to us! Among the things kicking around on his hard drive are collaborations with the likes of Canblaster, Cocknbullkid, Sneaky Sound System, and Scru Fizza. So look for those in the months to follow and "Dark Place," whose tracklist you can check out below, in August.
1. Dark Place (Feat. Shani Cuppcake)
3. Dark Place (Wafa Remix)
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player