XLR8R's Shaun Bloodworth Featured in Rinse FM Visual Retrospective
- Words: Derek Opperman
As a general rule, when thinking about radio stations, one doesn't immediate think about graphic identity. Bucking that notion is London-based once-pirate-now-legitimate radio station/label Rinse FM, which has, with the help of XLR8R photographer Shaun Bloodworth and London design firm Give Up Art, managed to create a distinct visual identity for itself across diverse media. Celebrating that rich visual heritage, the people at Rinse have put together Rinse Presents: A Visual Retrospective - The Work of Shaun Bloodworth & Give Up Art, a showcases that features works that span the entire 17-year period since the station's inception. You can catch the exhibition at London's Truman Brewery, but you'll have to be quick as the exhibit will only last for 10 days between August 12 and 21. Check below for some teaser shots from the exhibit.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player