XLR8R's Shaun Bloodworth Featured in Rinse FM Visual Retrospective
- Words: Derek Opperman
As a general rule, when thinking about radio stations, one doesn't immediate think about graphic identity. Bucking that notion is London-based once-pirate-now-legitimate radio station/label Rinse FM, which has, with the help of XLR8R photographer Shaun Bloodworth and London design firm Give Up Art, managed to create a distinct visual identity for itself across diverse media. Celebrating that rich visual heritage, the people at Rinse have put together Rinse Presents: A Visual Retrospective - The Work of Shaun Bloodworth & Give Up Art, a showcases that features works that span the entire 17-year period since the station's inception. You can catch the exhibition at London's Truman Brewery, but you'll have to be quick as the exhibit will only last for 10 days between August 12 and 21. Check below for some teaser shots from the exhibit.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player