DFA Releases Joe Goddard and Gavin Russom 12s Today; Stream 'Gabriel'
- Words: Ken Taylor
New York's DFA Records is nothing if not diverse, and today it continued to speak to that general sentiment with the release of two 12"s, from Gavin Russom and Hot Chip's Joe Goddard. As is often the case with Russom's records, the DFA studio engineer and resident gear geek offers up more analog-synth madness with the "Night Sky" single, which also contains an "Adjustment" from Mutant Dance Beat (a.k.a. the collab between Beau Wanzer and Melvin Oliphant III, the latter of whom is usually known as Traxx). Goddard's EP, Gabriel, on the other hand, sees the Hot Chip vocalist go the house route, to nice effect. Both records are out today, but you can stream the whole of Gabriel below, as well as check out artwork and tracklists for both.
Gavin Russom's "Night Sky" Tracklist:
1. Night Sky
2. Night Sky (Mutant Dance Beat Adjustment)
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player