Flying Lotus Announces Multimedia Project
Not content to just produce mind-bending, game-changing beats, LA-based beat producer Steve Ellison (a.k.a. Flying Lotus) has just announced that he'll be extending his talents into multimedia with The Mapping of Countries Yet to Come, a new collaborative project with visual artist Miwa Matreyek. Commissioned by the Center for the Arts, Eagle Rock, the project is intended to document, sample, and draw inspiration from the area surrounding the center in northeastern Los Angeles. The project is currently taking donations, so if you would like to contribute (or would simply care for more information), head on over to its Kickstarter page.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player