Flying Lotus Announces Multimedia Project
Not content to just produce mind-bending, game-changing beats, LA-based beat producer Steve Ellison (a.k.a. Flying Lotus) has just announced that he'll be extending his talents into multimedia with The Mapping of Countries Yet to Come, a new collaborative project with visual artist Miwa Matreyek. Commissioned by the Center for the Arts, Eagle Rock, the project is intended to document, sample, and draw inspiration from the area surrounding the center in northeastern Los Angeles. The project is currently taking donations, so if you would like to contribute (or would simply care for more information), head on over to its Kickstarter page.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player