Flying Lotus Announces Multimedia Project
Not content to just produce mind-bending, game-changing beats, LA-based beat producer Steve Ellison (a.k.a. Flying Lotus) has just announced that he'll be extending his talents into multimedia with The Mapping of Countries Yet to Come, a new collaborative project with visual artist Miwa Matreyek. Commissioned by the Center for the Arts, Eagle Rock, the project is intended to document, sample, and draw inspiration from the area surrounding the center in northeastern Los Angeles. The project is currently taking donations, so if you would like to contribute (or would simply care for more information), head on over to its Kickstarter page.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player