Hyperdub to Release Debut from Walton
- Words: Derek Opperman
Throughout the years, London's Hyperdub imprint has managed to maintain a distinct aesthetic across its releases that is clinical, hyper-serious, and wildly avant-garde. Yet while staying true to these principles, the label has managed to successfully adapt to the mercurial topography of a post-dubstep UK by extending itself into new territory. Case in point is the Walton EP (artwork above), the debut release from fresh-faced 20-year-old Mancunian producer Sam Walton (a.k.a. Walton). Combining aspects of "classic blissed-out midwestern house," "northern bleep house," and grime, the debut promises to insert itself nicely into the schizophrenic Hyperdub catalog. The Walton EP drops September 5, but in the meantime, check out the tracklisting below.
A2 Mangled Riddim
B1 808 Vibzin
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player