Hyperdub to Release Debut from Walton
- Words: Derek Opperman
Throughout the years, London's Hyperdub imprint has managed to maintain a distinct aesthetic across its releases that is clinical, hyper-serious, and wildly avant-garde. Yet while staying true to these principles, the label has managed to successfully adapt to the mercurial topography of a post-dubstep UK by extending itself into new territory. Case in point is the Walton EP (artwork above), the debut release from fresh-faced 20-year-old Mancunian producer Sam Walton (a.k.a. Walton). Combining aspects of "classic blissed-out midwestern house," "northern bleep house," and grime, the debut promises to insert itself nicely into the schizophrenic Hyperdub catalog. The Walton EP drops September 5, but in the meantime, check out the tracklisting below.
A2 Mangled Riddim
B1 808 Vibzin
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player