Magda, Troy Pierce, and Marc Houle Leave Minus, Focus On Own Label
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Richie Hawtin's Minus imprint has served as a long and fruitful home for techno veterans Magda (pictured above), Troy Pierce, and Marc Houle, but now the three DJs/producers have announced they will be investing time into their own label, Items & Things, and using it as the platform to release forthcoming projects. Citing a want to take their career paths in their own hands and having complete control to "release what we want, and decide the direction of the label," in an interview with Resident Advisor, it appears the three long-standing Minus artists are not completely cutting ties with the label, but rather moving on to a new era of output. Where exactly this change of focus will take the Items & Things label heads' work is still yet to be seen, but we're told, "there’s already a great deal of activity planned over the next year, with forthcoming releases from Magda, Marc and Troy, and from new acts like Madato, Danny Benedettini, Tomas More & Andy Martin, as well as past label heroes, Click Box." You can grab a first taste of Danny Benedettini here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player