Magda, Troy Pierce, and Marc Houle Leave Minus, Focus On Own Label
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Richie Hawtin's Minus imprint has served as a long and fruitful home for techno veterans Magda (pictured above), Troy Pierce, and Marc Houle, but now the three DJs/producers have announced they will be investing time into their own label, Items & Things, and using it as the platform to release forthcoming projects. Citing a want to take their career paths in their own hands and having complete control to "release what we want, and decide the direction of the label," in an interview with Resident Advisor, it appears the three long-standing Minus artists are not completely cutting ties with the label, but rather moving on to a new era of output. Where exactly this change of focus will take the Items & Things label heads' work is still yet to be seen, but we're told, "there’s already a great deal of activity planned over the next year, with forthcoming releases from Magda, Marc and Troy, and from new acts like Madato, Danny Benedettini, Tomas More & Andy Martin, as well as past label heroes, Click Box." You can grab a first taste of Danny Benedettini here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player