Moogfest to Feature Brian Eno; Many More Acts Announced
The range of music (and now multimedia art) that is set to be presented at this year's Moogfest in Asheville, North Carolina has expanded to include an even wider list of artists with the announcement that the godfather of ambient music, Brian Eno, will exhibit his stunning 77 Million Paintings visual/audio art project as part of this year's festival. Eno's "constantly evolving sound and image-scape" has been heralded as an incredible piece of modern multimedia art since it was first displayed in San Francisco back in 2006, and now it finally sees a return to the US after touring around the world for the past few years. You can add that to the already overwhelmingly impressive list of artists scheduled for the three-day festival (taking place October 28-30), which includes names such as Moby, M83, Kode9, Battles, Tim Hecker, Matthew Dear, Toro y Moi, Gold Panda, Oneohtrix Point Never, and many more. You can check Moogfest's full line-up here, and watch a video with a brief explanation of the 77 Million Paintings project from Eno himself below.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player