Mule Musiq to Release Collaborative Album From Koss, Minilogue, and Sebastian Mullaert
- Words: Patric Fallon
Japanese minimal techno outpost Mule Musiq has quite the endeavor set to be unveiled at the tail end of 2011, a seven-track collaborative "jam" LP by producers Koss, Minilogue, and Sebastian Mullaert. Called The Möllan Sessions (pictured above), the album is said to be born of "five long days and nights... in a studio where they jammed without any plan in mind." Minilogue says of those recording sessions, "All of us love to be spontaneous, and do things in the moment, so we just hooked up our instruments and started jamming. We threw a dice to see in which tempo the track should be in, so everything was made out of the present moment. No thoughts about how and when, no plans. We just let the music flow through us." The record will be available physically on October 24 and digitally on November 21, but you can check out the full tracklist before then, below.
1. Monday Conversation
2. Hello People of Earth!
3. Thursday; Birth
4. Thursday; Connection
5. Thursday; In Space
1. We’re Remembering Right Now
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player