Oneohtrix Point Never Announces New Album
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Brooklyn resident and accomplished conjurer of meandering soundscapes, Oneohtrix Point Never, has announced he will follow up last year's excellent Returnals LP with a new full-length to come this November on Software/Mexican Summer. Although we're sure that the forthcoming release, entitled Replica, will be full of dark and majestic ambient outings, we are a little surprised to hear that it has been described as "an electronic song cycle based around lo-fi audio procured from television advertisement compilations." We're not quite sure what that is going to entail, but at this point Oneohtrix has gained our trust enough that we will eagerly be awaiting the results. You can check the artwork and tracklist for the release, which hits the streets November 8, below and visit the album's Tumblr where hopefully some LP previews will begin popping up in the coming months.
Power of Persuasion
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player