PIAS Warehouse Burns Down in London Riots
- Words: Patric Fallon
In an especially unfortunate turn of events, the SonyDADC warehouse, which stores the physical products for PIAS distribution, was burned down last night during the riots in London. A large number of record labels both large and small have been affected by the loss, including Warp, Domino, Rough Trade, Def Jux, FatCat, Thrill Jockey, All-City, Vice, 2020 Vision, Brownswood, and many, many others. Thankfully, there were no injuries during the fire, but this could potentially be a devastating blow for the smaller labels without the luxury of insurance. Head over to the Guardian for more information, and to find the full list of the labels affected by the fire, here.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsMelé Announces New EP, Streams Title Track
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player