PIAS Warehouse Burns Down in London Riots
- Words: Patric Fallon
In an especially unfortunate turn of events, the SonyDADC warehouse, which stores the physical products for PIAS distribution, was burned down last night during the riots in London. A large number of record labels both large and small have been affected by the loss, including Warp, Domino, Rough Trade, Def Jux, FatCat, Thrill Jockey, All-City, Vice, 2020 Vision, Brownswood, and many, many others. Thankfully, there were no injuries during the fire, but this could potentially be a devastating blow for the smaller labels without the luxury of insurance. Head over to the Guardian for more information, and to find the full list of the labels affected by the fire, here.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player