PIAS Warehouse Burns Down in London Riots
- Words: Patric Fallon
In an especially unfortunate turn of events, the SonyDADC warehouse, which stores the physical products for PIAS distribution, was burned down last night during the riots in London. A large number of record labels both large and small have been affected by the loss, including Warp, Domino, Rough Trade, Def Jux, FatCat, Thrill Jockey, All-City, Vice, 2020 Vision, Brownswood, and many, many others. Thankfully, there were no injuries during the fire, but this could potentially be a devastating blow for the smaller labels without the luxury of insurance. Head over to the Guardian for more information, and to find the full list of the labels affected by the fire, here.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player