Stream the New Kingdom Single on Fool's Gold
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Although Kingdom is often affiliated with the Night Slugs crew and now heads up his own Fade to Mind imprint, the LA-based producer also has ties to the Fool's Gold label, which released his Mind Reader EP and is now putting out his latest single, "Take Me." The track, along with b-side "If You Buck," has been available on Beatport since last week, but drops via iTunes and other retailers today. Perhaps knowing that XLR8R readers are "try before you buy" shoppers, Kingdom has sent along both songs to stream exclusively on our website. "Take Me" features many of Kindom's trademark stop-and-start drums, shuffling percussion, and darting synths, but it's also the closest thing he's ever done to a proper radio R&B song, largely thanks to the vocal stylings of Naomi Allen, a member of Def Jam-inked girl group Electrik Red. (Those who are less pop-inclined will be pleased to know that an instrumental version of the track is also available.) "If You Buck" is another instrumental offering that balances a sort of hip-hop swagger with a true sense of whimsicality and playfulness. Listen to "Take Me" and "If You Buck" below.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player