Throne of Blood Launches New Imprint, Preps New Runaway Single
- Words: Patric Fallon
The Rapture-run NYC dance label Throne of Blood is soon expanding to include another imprint—an endeavor that started as a "roving house and disco party" in 2009 by DJ/producer Jacques Renault and journalist Nik Mercer, called Let's Play House—with the release of a fresh 12" by Renault's production outfit, Runaway. The "Indoor Pool" single, which features remixes from Slow Hands, Beautiful Swimmers, and Soft Rocks along with the original track, will drop on September 5 as Let's Play House's first release. Before then, you can preview all four tracks from the forthcoming Runaway record here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player