Tortoise to Soundtrack Film by 'Blair Witch' Director
As is with most post-rock bands, the music of Chicago veterans Tortoise could quite often be described as cinematic, so it's more than fitting that the quintet will be providing the soundtrack for a brand-new film by the director of The Blair Witch Project, Eduardo Sánchez. The score for Lovely Molly (pictured above) was written and recorded at drummer/multi-instrumentalist/producer John McEntire's Soma Electronic Music Studios in his hometown. On using the seminal outfit for the movie's soundtrack, film producer Gregg Hale says, "Tortoise's music is able to morph and change in a way that really accentuates the twists and turns in the Lovely Molly story," which we don't find surprising in the least. There's currently no release date set for Lovely Molly or its score. (via Pitchfork)
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player