Watch Richie Hawtin Share the Inner Workings of Plastikman Live
- Words: Glenn Jackson
For anyone who's had the pleasure of seeing Richie Hawtin's alter-ego Plastikman in its recent incarnation around the world, it should be fairly obvious that there is quite a complex system behind the multimedia experience that is Plastikman Live. Hawtin recently shared some in-depth insight into the elements that make the show possible with Burn Studios (who also had the techno legend briefly discuss his thoughts on art, technology, and success in another video, which you'll find after the jump). Sure, maybe it's all a little over our heads, but it still proves immensely interesting to see how much work and organization goes into the Plastikman Live experience, and to hear Hawtin's refreshingly genuine take on the state of electronic music.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player