XLR8R Seeks Editorial Interns in NY
Looking to make lots of money? Want to be a big shot in the music industry? Well, you should probably look elsewhere. But if you're passionate about music and want to write about it, XLR8R is looking for editorial interns to work in its New York office, starting immediately. Please check out the requirements below, then send an email with "XLR8R NY Intern Application" in the subject line, along with your cover letter, resume, and 3-4 writing samples/clips attached, to email@example.com.
NY Editorial Intern Requirements
- have a working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Google Docs, and be internet-, social networking-, and email-savvy
- be familiar with XLR8R and its history, and have a solid knowledge of the artists and labels we cover (ie. be extremely familiar with the differences between house and techno, good and bad dubstep, IDM and EDM, etc.)
- be able to get down to business with minimal hand-holding
- be a serious writer with published (or at least publishable) clips
- have a working knowledge of other media outlets that cover similar topics
- be well organized
- be an articulate written and oral communicator
- be able to handle doing occasionally monotonous tasks
- have a good attitude
- have a critical approach to listening to music
- have a basic familiarity with HTML and design tools like Photoshop
This internship is unpaid and requires a commitment of two five-hour days per week for four to six months. Candidates must be able to come to work in XLR8R's Manhattan office.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player