Check Out Derrick Carter's Oki-Ni Mix
- Words: Derek Opperman
Music and fashion, perhaps more than any other cultural forms, go hand in hand. The fine folks at British clothing retailer Oki-Ni seem to agree, as they've been busy mixing the two in their business since the launch of their music store and its associated mix series. Suitably, this month's mix features stylish Chicagoan Derrick Carter's entry, TheHotLunch. An ode to famous Chicago radio station 102.7 WBMX and its weekdays at noon Hot Lunch Mix program, Carter's mix captures the vibe of '80s Chicago with an unabashed collection of underground disco classics. Moving from Razormaid edits to Italo disco, the TheHotLunch, which is streaming below, functions as a rootsy compliment to fellow Classic label head Luke Solomon's recent Classic is Your Friend mix.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player