Check Out Derrick Carter's Oki-Ni Mix
- Words: Derek Opperman
Music and fashion, perhaps more than any other cultural forms, go hand in hand. The fine folks at British clothing retailer Oki-Ni seem to agree, as they've been busy mixing the two in their business since the launch of their music store and its associated mix series. Suitably, this month's mix features stylish Chicagoan Derrick Carter's entry, TheHotLunch. An ode to famous Chicago radio station 102.7 WBMX and its weekdays at noon Hot Lunch Mix program, Carter's mix captures the vibe of '80s Chicago with an unabashed collection of underground disco classics. Moving from Razormaid edits to Italo disco, the TheHotLunch, which is streaming below, functions as a rootsy compliment to fellow Classic label head Luke Solomon's recent Classic is Your Friend mix.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player