Smalltown Superjazz to Release Live Session Featuring Four Tet and Steve Reid
Norwegian label Smalltown Superjazz has just announced it will soon release Live at the South Bank, a document of a live session featuring the duo of Kieran Hebden (a.k.a. Four Tet, pictured above) and legendary jazz drummer Steve Reid with Swedish saxophonist Mats Gustaffson. Recorded in 2009 and evocative of the four LPs the pair recorded before Reid's death last year, the set approaches a kind of electronic free jazz, with Reid's complex live percussion providing the bedrock for Hebden's electronic experimentations and Gustaffson's powerful sax work. Live at the South Bank will drop on November 15, but in the meantime, you can check out the artwork below.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
XLR8R Downloads Player