Video: The Making of Apparat's 'The Devil's Walk' Part One
- Words: Patric Fallon
As you may already know (seeing as how we've pointed it out many times over), German artist Sascha Ring (a.k.a. Apparat) has a new album coming soon via Mute. Now, we're given a special look into the creation of The Devil's Walk with this short behind-the-scenes film. Ring and his musical conspirators discuss their escape to the sunny environs of Mexico during Berlin's and Chicago's wintertime, how the place influenced the creation of their forthcoming LP, and what the exact ratio of time spent "working" to time spent "cigarette smoking" was. We'll be looking forward to catching part two.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player