Video: The Making of Apparat's 'The Devil's Walk' Part One
- Words: Patric Fallon
As you may already know (seeing as how we've pointed it out many times over), German artist Sascha Ring (a.k.a. Apparat) has a new album coming soon via Mute. Now, we're given a special look into the creation of The Devil's Walk with this short behind-the-scenes film. Ring and his musical conspirators discuss their escape to the sunny environs of Mexico during Berlin's and Chicago's wintertime, how the place influenced the creation of their forthcoming LP, and what the exact ratio of time spent "working" to time spent "cigarette smoking" was. We'll be looking forward to catching part two.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player