Check Out the 100% Silk Podcast/Feature on LWE
- Words: Patric Fallon
The LA-based, Not Not Fun-affiliated dance label 100% Silk is easily one of our favorite labels to emerge this year, and it would appear we're not alone in the sentiment: Little White Earbuds just unveiled a fresh podcast from label artist Magic Touch (a.k.a. Damon Palermo of Mi Ami, who we featured talking with band/label mate Ital here), which is coupled with a lengthy Q&A with label founder Amanda Brown. While Brown goes into depth on the history of her new imprint, the process of selecting the music that 100% Silk releases, the label's design aesthetic, and what's on its horizon, Palermo drops almost an hour of house and disco edits from his arsenal of dusty dance cuts. We suggest you take a look/listen to it all, here.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player