Check Out the 100% Silk Podcast/Feature on LWE
- Words: Patric Fallon
The LA-based, Not Not Fun-affiliated dance label 100% Silk is easily one of our favorite labels to emerge this year, and it would appear we're not alone in the sentiment: Little White Earbuds just unveiled a fresh podcast from label artist Magic Touch (a.k.a. Damon Palermo of Mi Ami, who we featured talking with band/label mate Ital here), which is coupled with a lengthy Q&A with label founder Amanda Brown. While Brown goes into depth on the history of her new imprint, the process of selecting the music that 100% Silk releases, the label's design aesthetic, and what's on its horizon, Palermo drops almost an hour of house and disco edits from his arsenal of dusty dance cuts. We suggest you take a look/listen to it all, here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player