Check Out the 100% Silk Podcast/Feature on LWE
- Words: Patric Fallon
The LA-based, Not Not Fun-affiliated dance label 100% Silk is easily one of our favorite labels to emerge this year, and it would appear we're not alone in the sentiment: Little White Earbuds just unveiled a fresh podcast from label artist Magic Touch (a.k.a. Damon Palermo of Mi Ami, who we featured talking with band/label mate Ital here), which is coupled with a lengthy Q&A with label founder Amanda Brown. While Brown goes into depth on the history of her new imprint, the process of selecting the music that 100% Silk releases, the label's design aesthetic, and what's on its horizon, Palermo drops almost an hour of house and disco edits from his arsenal of dusty dance cuts. We suggest you take a look/listen to it all, here.
- MP3Rihanna "What's My Name? (Federation Remix feat. Vybz Kartel)"
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Releases (15 - 1)
- NewsWatch Mala Dig in John Peel's Record Collection
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Midland, Nina Kraviz, our Best of 2014, and More
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Readers Poll
XLR8R Downloads Player