Christopher Willits, Ghostly, Ableton, Soundcloud, and More Launch Remix Contest
Accomplished guitarist, producer, and all-around sonic experimentalist Christopher Willits has announced a remix project/contest that makes available all the stems which went into the making of his 2010 LP, Tiger Flower Circle Sun, for any and all ambitious producers to use for their own creative endeavors. The 121 high-quality stems can be found here, along with full details as to what prizes one can receive if their remix is deemed worthy, including a package from Ableton and a Soundcloud Pro account. In addition, a few lucky remixes will be chosen to appear on comps from Ghostly and Willits' own Overlap imprint. Remixers have until February of next year to send in their submissions, but considering the magnitude of audio to choose from and the quality of potential rewards for your endeavors, we imagine the sooner one gets started, the better.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player