Nicolas Jaar Announces New Collaborative Project, Readies New EP
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
While much of the electronic-music world is anxiously awaiting new solo material from Nicolas Jaar, the young producer apparently has other things on his mind, including a new collaborative project called DARKSIDE. A partnership between Jaar and Brooklyn's Dave Harrington, DARKSIDE will be releasing its self-titled debut EP (artwork above) via Jaar's own Clown and Sunset imprint. Not much is known about the project, other than that it does feature Jaar turning in some vocal duties. Even the songs themselves are shrouded in mystery, as they are simply titled "A1," "A2," and "A3." The DARKSIDE EP will be released on December 7.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player