Video Premiere: L-Vis 1990 "Feel the Void"
- Words: August Howard
UK badman and Night Slugs bossman L-Vis 1990 hits American shores today, kicking off a quick US tour that includes a Halloween stop at the XLR8R-approved Icee Hot in San Francisco. The artist is fresh off the release of his debut full-length, Neon Dreams, and has also unveiled the second official video for the album, this kaleidoscopic clip for "Feel the Void," a song that features Frenchmen Para One and Teki Latex. Unlike the narrative-driven video for "Lost in Love," this effort focuses much more on visual psychedelics. A collaboration between L-Vis and London-based designer Kate Moross, the video was actually filmed entirely on Skype, with L-Vis 1990 in Hong Kong and Teki Latex (whose mug features prominently) in Paris. Give it a look, and check the list of L-Vis 1990's tour dates below.
10/28 Hard Haunted Mansion, Los Angeles, CA, USA
10/29 Palestino Libanes, Mexico City, Mexico
10/31 Elbo Room, San Francisco, CA, USA
11/1 The Other Side, Denver, CO, USA
11/3 Red Maple, Baltimore, MD, USA
11/4 Mod Club, Toronto, ON, Canada
11/5 Dark Disco Pre-Party, Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival, NY, NY, USA
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player