Video Premiere: Richard Colvaen "Polimetria"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Two film-makers, who collectively call themselves Beaver & Beaver and split their time between Brussels and Beirut, have put together this wonderfully shot short film for the song "Polimetria" by Belgian producer Richard Colvaen. The mystical, quasi-sci-fi tale of romance is told quite effectively with the use of handcrafted special effects and a free-form approach to production. As the directors told us, "The entire 'meeting' scene, which is almost half of the video, was shot on green screen without a clear idea of what to do with it. We told Richard [Colvaen] we'll do 'cool' things, and he just trusted us." Looks like everything panned out totally fine. The split 7" that the jittery "Polimetria" tune is featured on, which also features a selection from Russian producer DZA, will drop on November 14 via Vlek. In the meantime, stream the entire release below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player