Video Premiere: Richard Colvaen "Polimetria"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Two film-makers, who collectively call themselves Beaver & Beaver and split their time between Brussels and Beirut, have put together this wonderfully shot short film for the song "Polimetria" by Belgian producer Richard Colvaen. The mystical, quasi-sci-fi tale of romance is told quite effectively with the use of handcrafted special effects and a free-form approach to production. As the directors told us, "The entire 'meeting' scene, which is almost half of the video, was shot on green screen without a clear idea of what to do with it. We told Richard [Colvaen] we'll do 'cool' things, and he just trusted us." Looks like everything panned out totally fine. The split 7" that the jittery "Polimetria" tune is featured on, which also features a selection from Russian producer DZA, will drop on November 14 via Vlek. In the meantime, stream the entire release below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player