Video Premiere: Richard Colvaen "Polimetria"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Two film-makers, who collectively call themselves Beaver & Beaver and split their time between Brussels and Beirut, have put together this wonderfully shot short film for the song "Polimetria" by Belgian producer Richard Colvaen. The mystical, quasi-sci-fi tale of romance is told quite effectively with the use of handcrafted special effects and a free-form approach to production. As the directors told us, "The entire 'meeting' scene, which is almost half of the video, was shot on green screen without a clear idea of what to do with it. We told Richard [Colvaen] we'll do 'cool' things, and he just trusted us." Looks like everything panned out totally fine. The split 7" that the jittery "Polimetria" tune is featured on, which also features a selection from Russian producer DZA, will drop on November 14 via Vlek. In the meantime, stream the entire release below.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player