Video: What's in Ron Trent's Amoeba Bag?
- Words: Taylor Fife
Veteran house-music producer Ron Trent did some shopping recently at the gargantuan Amoeba Music in Hollywood, prompting the staff there to ask him about his browsing as part of the store's ongoing What's in My Bag? series. Trent gets eclectic during his vinyl-only shopping spree, digging up records by Stevie Wonder, The Clark Sisters, and Floating Points, among others. He also gives viewers a little history of house music, talking about tracks that captivated dance floors at legendary nightclubs The Warehouse in Chicago and the Paradise Garage in New York.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player