Video: What's in Ron Trent's Amoeba Bag?
- Words: Taylor Fife
Veteran house-music producer Ron Trent did some shopping recently at the gargantuan Amoeba Music in Hollywood, prompting the staff there to ask him about his browsing as part of the store's ongoing What's in My Bag? series. Trent gets eclectic during his vinyl-only shopping spree, digging up records by Stevie Wonder, The Clark Sisters, and Floating Points, among others. He also gives viewers a little history of house music, talking about tracks that captivated dance floors at legendary nightclubs The Warehouse in Chicago and the Paradise Garage in New York.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player