XL To Release Portishead's "Chase the Tear" On Limited 12"
As part of the second-ever Independent Label Market—an event which will host a number of independent imprints selling "a combination of new, old, and exclusive releases" on North 6th Street in Brooklyn this Saturday, October 8—XL will be releasing a limited 12" single of Portishead's "Chase the Tear." Although the track has been floating around in digital form since 2009, the song has yet to see a physical release until now, and, furthermore, it will come with a new version of the song by Toronto's Doldrums on the flip side. There will be 200 signed copies available at the Independent Label Market this weekend, with the single seeing a full release November 14, and all proceeds going to help Amnesty International. Considering "Chase the Tear" (which, we should say, uses tear as in "to tear a piece of paper") came out over two years ago, you may have forgotten what the tune sounded like, so we've gone ahead and provided the video for the track below.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player