Altered Zones to Cease Publishing
- Words: Patric Fallon
If you've looked at XLR8R on just about any given day through the past year and a half, you've likely seen something we've reposted from our friends over at Altered Zones. The website was a prime location for finding news and music from the more esoteric/DIY realm of independent artistry, so it's sad to say that today, the editors have announced that its publishing will come to an end. In its final statement, Altered Zones says, "We don't view Altered Zones closing as an end in itself, but rather the end of one chapter and the opening of another. AZ editors Ric Leichtung and Emilie Friedlander will contribute to Pitchfork, and will launch a new project together called Ad Hoc in 2012. In the meantime, Altered Zones will be signing off tomorrow and Friday with our favorite quotes, songs you might've missed, and albums of 2011." We, for one, will miss the strange and alluring sounds often found on AZ's pages, but also look forward to seeing what comes next.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player