Altered Zones to Cease Publishing
- Words: Patric Fallon
If you've looked at XLR8R on just about any given day through the past year and a half, you've likely seen something we've reposted from our friends over at Altered Zones. The website was a prime location for finding news and music from the more esoteric/DIY realm of independent artistry, so it's sad to say that today, the editors have announced that its publishing will come to an end. In its final statement, Altered Zones says, "We don't view Altered Zones closing as an end in itself, but rather the end of one chapter and the opening of another. AZ editors Ric Leichtung and Emilie Friedlander will contribute to Pitchfork, and will launch a new project together called Ad Hoc in 2012. In the meantime, Altered Zones will be signing off tomorrow and Friday with our favorite quotes, songs you might've missed, and albums of 2011." We, for one, will miss the strange and alluring sounds often found on AZ's pages, but also look forward to seeing what comes next.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player