Benjamin Damage and Doc Daneeka Ready Album for 50 Weapons
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Earlier this year, Welsh duo Benjamin Damage and Doc Daneeka released "Creeper" b/w "Infamous," a collaborative single on Modeselektor's 50 Weapons label that found the pair moving beyond their UK funky-leaning past and exploring deeper, more techno-oriented sounds. Apparently, the Modeselektor guys were so happy with the tunes that they brought Damage and Daneeka to Berlin, holed them up in a studio for months, and had them create a full-length album, which will be released early next year. Entitled They! Live (artwork above), the nine-track effort is said to be a "collection of Berlin-inspired, UK-influenced UK funky, deep house, tech house, Detroit- and dub-techno tracks." Based on the song clips posted below—along with the complete tracklist—it appears that Damage and Daneeka have expanded their sound palette taken their music deeper than ever before. They! Live will be released on January 27, 2012.
1 No One feat. Abigail Wyles
2 Battleships feat. Abigail Wyles
3 Deaf Siren
4 Creeper (Album Edit)
6 Halo feat. Abigail Wyles
8 Elipsis Torment
9 Bleach & Penicillin
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player