Floating Points Announces New EP, Shares Video
The adventurous UK producer, bandleader, and current PHD student known as Floating Points has announced a new five-track EP, Shadows, which is set to be released later this month on his own Eglo imprint. Along with preview streams of each of the EP's tunes, the artist has shared a video for his release's closing tune, "Sais." The piece places a string of evolving, geometric shapes against the steppy, jazz-indebted number via a custom Max/MSP patch (created by long-time Floating Points friend Will Hurt) that "studies drum machine and synthesizer activity to generate visuals in real time." You'll find the video, artwork, and preview streams for the Shadows EP (out November 21) below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player