Floating Points Announces New EP, Shares Video
The adventurous UK producer, bandleader, and current PHD student known as Floating Points has announced a new five-track EP, Shadows, which is set to be released later this month on his own Eglo imprint. Along with preview streams of each of the EP's tunes, the artist has shared a video for his release's closing tune, "Sais." The piece places a string of evolving, geometric shapes against the steppy, jazz-indebted number via a custom Max/MSP patch (created by long-time Floating Points friend Will Hurt) that "studies drum machine and synthesizer activity to generate visuals in real time." You'll find the video, artwork, and preview streams for the Shadows EP (out November 21) below.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player