Gerry Read Readies Final Piece of Fourth Wave Trilogy
- Words: Taylor Fife
Gerry Read claims he chose his production handle as a nod to his cockney grandfather of the same name, not after the inimitable actor and prolific country music legend who used the homophone Jerry Reed. (Side note: Although their music is wildly different, the 19-year-old wunderkind tunesmith from Suffolk, UK appears to have more than just a name in common with the late guitar man, who signed to Capitol Records when he was only 18 years old.) Gerry with a 'G' is set to wrap up a four-part series of 12" records he's been releasing on Fourth Wave, the first of which we reviewed to high acclaim (check that out here). The final installment, "All by Myself" b/w "What A Mess" (pictured above), will drop on December 12, and is said to display Gerry's knack for genre blending and bending with a unique amalgamation of disco, house, and drone.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player