Randomer Preps New EP for Numbers
- Words: Nathan Fink
The Glasgow-based Numbers imprint—responsible for recent releases from the likes of Mosca, Jamie XX, and Redinho—is gearing up for its twentieth release, a new EP from London producer Randomer. Featuring three new tracks, the Real Talk EP sees Randomer straying from his roots in garage and jungle towards a more 4/4-oriented sound. "Real Talk" offers the closest Randomer has come to techno, trading complicated rhythmic structure for a bare-bones, hard-hitting approach that wastes no time finding a deep, crunchy bassline to keep things going. Follow-up cuts "Lime Pie" and "Stalker" take a similar approach, toying with shades of acid house and, in the case of the latter, a thunderous drum beat that commands the listener's attention. Below, you'll find the tracklist and previews of the Real Talk EP, which is slated for release on November 28.
1. Real Talk
2. Lime Pie
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player