Randomer Preps New EP for Numbers
- Words: Nathan Fink
The Glasgow-based Numbers imprint—responsible for recent releases from the likes of Mosca, Jamie XX, and Redinho—is gearing up for its twentieth release, a new EP from London producer Randomer. Featuring three new tracks, the Real Talk EP sees Randomer straying from his roots in garage and jungle towards a more 4/4-oriented sound. "Real Talk" offers the closest Randomer has come to techno, trading complicated rhythmic structure for a bare-bones, hard-hitting approach that wastes no time finding a deep, crunchy bassline to keep things going. Follow-up cuts "Lime Pie" and "Stalker" take a similar approach, toying with shades of acid house and, in the case of the latter, a thunderous drum beat that commands the listener's attention. Below, you'll find the tracklist and previews of the Real Talk EP, which is slated for release on November 28.
1. Real Talk
2. Lime Pie
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player