Recently, I was able to get my hands on Valet’s most realized vision yet, Naked Acid. Honey Owens takes her audience on a stoney, mind-expanding venture through a realm of intoxicating vocal chants, lots of feedback, and some killer electronic drum programming for this stand-out Kranky release. Put on your headphones and take the plunge.
Read more »
Frankfurt am Main in Germany is the financial center of Deutchland–not necessarily a place you’d equate with hot parties and deep, soulful jazz. But the folks at the INFRAcom! label have carved out their own distinctly groovy niche, comparable to the jazz club triumphs of imprints like Berlin’s Sonar Kollektiv, or Munich’s Compost.
Read more »
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player