Video: Pictureplane "Black Nails"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Somehow, Pictureplane is slowly becoming the Anthony Bourdain of the art-weirdo underground. His last video for "Negative Slave" featured footage of the globetrotting Denver artist atop an ancient Mexican pyramid, while this latest clip was largely shot during a recent tour in Russia. In Pictureplane's own words, "The majority of the video was all shot at a chemical and plastic factory in a heavy industrial [area] on the outskirts of Kazan. Everything is orange because of enormous smokestacks shooting out massive fireballs that would illuminate the entire forest, and the air smelled of poison. It was really quite a scary and apocalyptic place and I have never seen anything quite like it."
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Comp
- NewsCheck Out Anthony Parasole's All-Jeff Mills Mix for Beats in Space
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player