Video: Pictureplane "Black Nails"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Somehow, Pictureplane is slowly becoming the Anthony Bourdain of the art-weirdo underground. His last video for "Negative Slave" featured footage of the globetrotting Denver artist atop an ancient Mexican pyramid, while this latest clip was largely shot during a recent tour in Russia. In Pictureplane's own words, "The majority of the video was all shot at a chemical and plastic factory in a heavy industrial [area] on the outskirts of Kazan. Everything is orange because of enormous smokestacks shooting out massive fireballs that would illuminate the entire forest, and the air smelled of poison. It was really quite a scary and apocalyptic place and I have never seen anything quite like it."
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player