Featuring one member of screamo band The Red Scare and one instrumentally-inclined German dude, Cloudland Canyon is the new face of Kraut-experimentation. Fusing textured guitar delays akin to Brooklyn-based duo Growing and hazy atmospherics, "Damballa" is the band's reintroduction into the blossoming sound art scene.Read more »
After The Wire deemed Sunburned Hand of the Man the leaders of the “New Weird America” in 2003, Four Tet’s Kieran Hebden knew he had to be involved with the experimental collective. Thus, Fire Escape, the newest prog-addition to the Sunburned catalog. Recorded in about four hours in Hebden’s London-based studio The Exchange, Fire Escape then became a massive project for Four Tet’s jazz-minded producer.Read more »
Fall 2007 sees the members of San Diego-based indie-rock outfit Pinback prepping a new album for Touch and Go. The appropriately named Autumn of the Seraphs is another collection of tightly arranged, straightforward tracks dominated by guitar chords and Zach Smith's pleasant vocal range, but what makes this album noteworthy is the bonus EP that comes packaged with all pre-ordered copies.Read more »
Fresh off a recent jaunt through the US, the sample-happy, minimal pop producer Axel Willner (a.k.a. The Field) joins electro-pop craftsmen !!! for another bunch of dates in the States. Willner's debut longplayer for Kompakt, From Here We Go Sublime, is a trippy dancefloor filler with plenty of samples and a sense of humor. Meanwhile, the Brooklyn-based seven-piece is notorious for melodramatics and mayhem while creating racket onstage. Sounds like a match made in heaven.
There have been masses of shoegaze revivalists, but few have gained as much attention as Germany-born Ulrich Schnauss, whose musical resume includes the gorgeously crafted A Strangley Isolated Place and Far Away Trains Passing By, and remixes of everyone from Depeche Mode to Mojave 3. Shoegazers, to your knees!
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player