Seems like it would be difficult to miss seeing the boys in Hot Chip live, given that they seem to be on tour every time we open a web page, but for those who have, in fact, not caught the British five-piece yet, September marks another chance to do so. This will be the second tour of 2008 dedicated to supporting the band's Made in the Dark release (Astralwerks), and tickets are on sale now. Read more »
Sean Carlson and erstwhile Circle Jerks member Keith Morris have been throwing their F*%! Yeah Fest in various locations around Los Angeles for the last four years, waiting for the day the music/comedy/art event can visit other parts of the country. This year, with the help of 26 people and a '92 Bluebird bus apparently run on vegetable oil, they'll see that goal realized with the F Yeah Tour 08.
Read more »
In its 13-year history, J. Saul Kane’s DC Recordings imprint has never catered to the ordinary. Instead, it has always been well ahead of the curve and even initiated a number of micro-trends. With a roster that includes Tom Tyler and Kelpe’s cinematic downtempo, fat electro from The Octagon Man, dubby, post-disco acts The Emperor Machine, Padded Cell, and White Light Circus, as well as Kane’s own Kung Fu breakbeat project Depth Charge, DC has eked out a striking niche in British electronic music.
Read more »
Scottish-born Londoner Steve Goodman is a writer, PhD candidate, and musical exporter of the Hyperdub virus. As Kode 9, he has released intricate and bass-driven dubstep singles for labels like Tempa, Soul Jazz, Ghostly, and Voltage and introduced cutting-edge dubstep/grime acts like Burial, Ikonka, Zomby, SpaceApe, and Daddy Gee to the world via his Hyperdub imprint. Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player